About Us

The Mount Maunganui Amateur Swimming Club was established in 1948. It started as a primary-school swimming club, with training taking place in the harbour at Salisbury Wharf!

With the opening of the Memorial Pool in Tauranga in 1956 the Mount Swim Club went into recess until 1970 when the Mount Maunganui College Pool opened. In 1976, our clubroom was erected at the College, and in 1980, the pool was heated for the first time.

Since December 2005 the Mount Swim Club has trained and operated from Baywave TECT Aquatic and Leisure Centre, corner Girven and Gloucester Roads, Mount Maunganui.

Currently the Club has close to 150 registered members. We are affiliated regionally with Swimming Bay of Plenty, and nationally with Swimming New Zealand.

Photo - Swimmers heading off to the BOP Relays 2016